Diffuse axonal injury
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Note the multiple sites of edema and hemorrhage, involving the brain stem and corpus callosum as well as subcortical white matter and left cerebral peduncle. High FLAIR signal is also seen in the dorsal midbrain. EVD insitu.
Diffuse axonal injury can be subtle on CT but have devastating consequences for the patient. This is a case of grade III injury (involvement of brainstem) and carries a poor prognosis.
5 article feature images from this case
23 public playlist includes this case
- The Australian and New Zealand Neuropsychiatry and Behavioural Neurology Conference 2014: MRI in neuropsychiatry and behavioural neurology.
- Neuro dificil
- diffuse axonal injury
- NeuroImaging 2 - Trauma, Demyelination and Vascular Lesions
- Diffuse axonal injury
- Location Based Diagnosis
- Neuro Sept
- Rozlane uszkodzenie aksonalne
- COMPANION VIVA CNS AND FACE TRAUMA
- Neuro - Clinical Conditions - Trauma
- CNS Trauma
- Neuro CTC
- Neuropsychiatry neuroimaging 2019
- DAI and HIE
- Head, neck and neuro
- Tony Chen October 3
- Primer - Neuroradiology - Trauma